【Newest Updates | 最新博文】

Friday, July 12, 2013

30 Hour Famine 2013: Volunteer Training Night

July 12, 2013, Friday
Actually I wanted to finish up the post about my birthday celebration with my family, but afraid that you guys will get bored about it, so now I start talk about my experiences in the 30 Hour Famine Camp!!!

As I posted in April about this Fight Hunger event!!!
About beginning of June, I contact the leader around my area,
until beginning of July, I still haven't heard anything from the leader,
(maybe his email is just for display,
just want to fill in the blanks of it!!!)
so I started to change the area to Jinjiang...
It's so fast,
they finally contact me, I was so happy hear to hear that!!! =]

The first gathering is on 12th of July, 7pm at SJK(C) Jinjiang Utara!!!

I was so blur when I was there,
because I didn't know what should I do,
where should I go!!!

After I parked my car,
I saw some girls chit-chatting inside the classroom,
and I saw the other who was on the phone with me walked towards to the field!!!
(So I just followed her walked towards to the field!!!)

When I reached in the middle of the field,
I just realized that they're trying to build a maze!!!
How cool is that...
One of the girl was there holding a paper looks like a maze map on it,
she was busy telling her father and her brother where to apply the steel sticks to fix the position's point!!!
Same well, her father was showing how to use the plastic string to connect up the some of the steel sticks!!!
(Seriously,
I was still blur,
no one asked to do anything or what,
erm....what's the point of waiting,
so I just picked up a plastic string roll tried to tied some up,
well...
got to say some people were even blur than me,
doesn't know how use the string to tie,
never try just stood there said "I don't know how"!!!
Okay, come on, princess and prince,
do you know how to walk since you're born???)

Just on the half way,
a lot of people popped up out of sudden,
so we finished it around 10pm...
Even on the message they sent is 7pm-10pm,
but we understand sometimes is hard to estimate the time!!!
(After this maze,
I just realized that they still have a lot haven't done yet!!!
Okay, there're three committees holding two same maze map papers on the field just now,
why don't they just leave one to settle it, so then they can go ahead to do other games stuffs???
Just because you guys want to be stick around with friends there playing and chit-chatting a while to finish the work slowly!!!
Afterwards...
They're complaining that they're busy till 4am something in the morning that day!!!
Well, just have to say,
you really don't know how to organize your works properly!!!)

After this,
we're been settle back to the hall to see what should we in-charged on the next day!!!
- Registration
- People who help to settle camper's bag
- Patrol (is this the proper word for it??? not sure)
- In-charged of Parking Lot settlement
- Media
- People who claps for VIP (Really???)
(will talk more about these next day)

Ops, forgot to say that when that girl(which was the same on phone me in the beginning),
she called up and asked whether can I be the camper's leader!!!
(Seriously,
I don't know why I said "yes" on that time,
I'm not even good in this kind of works,
but everything has the first time!!!)

Okay,
beside from the camper's leader,
we still have to pick one task from those task above,
so I picked registration!!!

Done with that,
the same girl start to talk about the games tomorrow,
maybe I should say briefing about the games tomorrow...
(I have to say that,
she's using power point slide,
and she didn't even give us any slide's paper or any references,
is she expect us to remember it after all???
how about copy up ourselves???
what I can say is the person in charge of changing the slides were even blur,
the speaker was talking about the next slide,
the slide was still remain on the previous slide,
the conclusion is the slide is jumping here and there,
it was fine and the beginning but getting confuse on the half last part!!!)

After this briefing,
we have been told to go home and be there around 7am tomorrow because the registration start at 8am!!!
(That's all??? They just leave it like this...oh yah, maybe they have to busy settle up the rest of the games)

Actually I wanted to stay back to help up a bit,
but my eldest brother in law was waiting for to pick up the sleeping bag, and it's almost 11++pm...

Will try to continue my first day story tomorrow (if I have time) but it's gonna to be very long!!!
****************************************
本来还想继续分享我和家人庆祝我生日的话题,
可是担心大家会闷,
所以就先来分享我上个星期参加饥饿三十的活动吧!!!

早在四月的时候我就分享了这个饥饿30的活动
六月时候我就联络了我这边的营长,
可是到了七月头都没有恢复人恢复过。。。
(他的电邮是用来摆美的吗???)
等不可等,
所以我就选择了增江区域的!!!
很快的就通知我了,
很开心!!!

第一次聚会就是在7月12日,星期五七点在增江北区华小!!!

去到“梦查查的”都不知道要做什么,
只是觉得很乱,
把车停泊好,
看到一些女生在班上聊天,
又看到那个跟我通话的女生往草场走去,
(梦查查的就走去草场那边)

到了后才知道他们要做一个迷宫,
她们当中有一人的爸爸和她的哥哥就帮忙把铁支查在地上而定位,
她爸爸还显示如何把塑胶绳子绑稳在铁支上!!!
(完全不知道状况,
所以就自己拿起了绳子自己的绑起来!!!
等别人来吩咐做什么,
倒不如自己行动比较实在!!!
原来大少爷,大小姐们绑个绳子都说不会,
不就这么绑,
难道你一出生就会走路。。。唉!!!)

绑到一半就陆陆续续很多人来帮忙了,
所以很快就完成!!!
(话说我很想在这边评论一下,
原来他们还有很多东西没有弄,
可能是他们少人的关系,
那么为什么你们不索性把那张迷宫图表教给其中一个,
然后自己去忙别的游戏呢???
为什么要有三个筹委在这里忙着一样东西呢???
反正你们手上的两张纸都是一样的东西的话,
为什么 要浪费时间在那边慢慢和朋友摸下摸下,
然后才一直嚷着自己忙到四点多呢???)

这个弄完已经是将近10点了,
之前她传来的讯息是写7点到10点的!!!
没关系,
时间有时候是蛮难拿捏的!!!

十点多就叫全部人去礼堂,
分配工作,
- 报到处
- 安排学生放书包
- 巡逻
- 停车场安排
- 音响道具
- VIP拍手欢迎

噢!!! 忘了说当时她打电话来的时候就问我是否可以当小组组长,我很快就答应了!!!
(话说我都不知道我为什么会答应,
因为我不擅长这个,
不过没关系就试一试,学一学吧,
凡事都有第一次)

虽说是小组组长但是还要参与以上活动,
所以我就选择了报到处!!!

分配完了,
有个女生(就是和我通话那个,从头到尾都她)就在台上讲解明天的游戏!!!
(我很想说,
她这样在台上一个slide,一个slide,
一直说一直说,
都没有注意台下的我们明白吗。。。
也不会打印那些slide给我们对一对,写一些笔记,
说要抄,
那个按slide的人好像在发梦一样,
slide跳来挑去,
说着下面的slide它就还在上面的slide,
前面还好,后来就是根本就是不知道跳到哪里去,
他们应该自认为台下的记性都很好的吧!!!

说完游戏就说志工们明天七点要到,
八点报到处要开始!!!
(就这样就拜拜了,什么都没有说!!!

我本来很想留下来帮忙,
但是我二姐夫等我去他家拿sleeping bag,
所以11点多就回家了!!!

明天有时间上来再继续说饥饿30营的第一天。。。

All the content above is just what I saw, what I heard, what I feel,
maybe that's some misunderstanding between or something I don't know,
so whatever above can't used to criticize the whole event or any committee!!!
****************************************
以上都是个人所看所闻所感觉,
或许有些不知道的事或误会,
所以不能作为整个活动或筹委的结论!!!

12 comments:

  1. 30 hours? *faints* But I think I've heard of people doing this before - really admire the effort...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 饥饿30是一个很有意义的活动,以前有筹款准备去了,结果临时放弃跑去旅行。哈哈!
    你很棒,还会自己去当助手!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈哈哈,小小声讲~~~假如是我,我也是会跑去旅行啦!!! =]

      Delete
  3. 本来打算参加的,可是碰到考试周期,不能去 =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. 飢餓30!!你有參加?還幫忙?
    太佩服了,這是唯一一個我絕對不會想去參加的活動,
    不要說30,6個小時都很餓了。

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Disclaimer

This is a personal blog. All content provided on this blog is for personal informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner As An Unrest Life will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.

This terms and conditions is subject to change at anytime with or without notice.